ServiceM8 is a job management app. We exist to help small businesses thrive.
We’re a product-driven company focused on customer success. Trade and service businesses in over 40 countries around the world rely on ServiceM8 all day, every day. It empowers these people to run a more organised, productive, and professional operation, and enjoy a lifestyle. ServiceM8 makes a real impact, and a real difference, in people’s businesses and lives.
This is an exciting time in ServiceM8’s story, in which we are scaling our team to grow faster and push deeper into the global market. ServiceM8’s people are a key ingredient to our success. We are looking for intelligent, talented, and driven people, who understand and embrace our values, and want to be part of a team pursuing ambitious common goals.
We’re looking for an eager Developer Evangelist to join our team to build and support our developer community.
In this role you will drive the wider developer community towards ServiceM8, with the goal of making ServiceM8 the best job management app for developers, and ensuring those already developing on ServiceM8 have the best possible experience.
In this role you will:
- Develop a deep understanding of the ServiceM8 product and design values.
- Develop a deep understanding of ServiceM8’s API, SDK, and supporting documentation, and identify and promote improvements.
- Support and grow the external developer community to improve the number and quality of third-party ServiceM8 add-ons, promoting best practices and fostering the success of external developers and end-users.
- Be the first point of contact for external developer queries, and communicate with the ServiceM8 Developer community via the Developer Portal.
- Own and continuously improve Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes for third-party add-ons.
- Participate in public discussions and developer communities relevant to ServiceM8.
- Write sample code using ServiceM8’s API & SDK’s, and educate ServiceM8’s developer community with relevant and engaging video content, blogs, explainers and tutorials.
- Identify & engage in outreach opportunities to increase awareness of ServiceM8’s Developer Partner program.
- Participate in other publications, blogs, podcasts and content to build relationships and establish ServiceM8 as an influencer and thought-leader in the developer community.
- Attend events, including customer, accounting/bookkeeping conferences, and developer-oriented events, and build relationships with strategic partners and industry influencers.
- Participate and help with the organisation and promotion of ServiceM8 events.
- Act as a “firewall” between support and development teams, managing external developer expectations, verifying issues, and distilling them down to root causes.
- Work with communications, marketing and content creation team members to promote ServiceM8’s API/SDK, and share developer and end-user stories.
- Keep up to date with new and emerging development technologies and trends, and promote opportunities to apply them consistent with ServiceM8’s goals and values.
To be the right fit for this role, you’ll need to have:
- Development skills and experience, both in creating and explaining software.
- Excellent communication, networking and relationship-building skills.
- Commercial and strategic awareness to ensure your representation and communication with external developers, stakeholders and strategic partners aligns with ServiceM8’s goals and values.
- A shared belief in our values.
What we offer
Working at ServiceM8 means challenging, rewarding work that matters. You will have the opportunity to develop your ideas, create, and act on them. This also means you’ll have responsibility, ownership, and accountability.
We have an awesome workspace in a great building (check out the photos), with a team of good people who care about what they do, and are driven to make an impact with their work. We love our jobs, work hard, and celebrate success.
We offer competitive salaries, and a down-to-earth attitude on workplace flexibility.
We’re headquartered in Darwin because we love it — we love the climate, lifestyle, people, and space.
This position requires you to be physically located in Darwin, Australia, and is not open to full time remote working.