1 October 2019, Darwin, Australia — The job management app for trade contractors and service businesses, ServiceM8, has officially launched a range of new features to help manage jobs, communicate with clients, and eliminate administration. Highlights include automated time tracking on job attendance, more GPS-based visibility of field staff, and built-in two- way SMS functionality for texting clients.
ServiceM8 CEO, Ben Ford, sees the launch as building on the platform’s core benefits: “ServiceM8 8.0 is all about taking visibility, communication, and automation to the next level. These are some of the fundamental ideas behind ServiceM8, and what makes it so powerful, like being able to instantly see what’s going on in your business, where staff are, and which job they’re working on. Having a cloud-based system to efficiently communicate job information, between the office and the field. Tools which keep clients in the loop, and help you provide the level of service they want, while you’re on the move. And automating administration and paperwork, because nobody likes administration.”
New features & improvements to the job management solution include:
• 2-way SMS, enabling easy, convenient communication between the business and customer, via a branded instant messaging portal.
• Redesigned GPS, offering greater visibility around when team members are navigating to jobs, their estimated time of arrival, when they’re checked in to a job, and how long they’ve been on site.
• Photo Markup, providing the ability to draw on photos taken through the ServiceM8 app to add details and clarifications.
• Automated Supplier Import, automating the import of price list updates from suppliers & manufacturers to save time and keep materials up-to-date.
• Automated Time Tracking, helping manage labour costs and charge for billable time by automatically clocking staff on/off shifts, and checking in/out of jobs.
• Automated Timesheet Export, automating the export of staff shift durations captured in the ServiceM8 app to a connected accounting package as timesheets, streamlining payroll.
• The Business Dashboard, offering quick, digestible insights into key revenue, productivity and efficiency metrics.
• Dark Mode, immediately supporting iOS 13’s new dark theme, making it easier to use ServiceM8 in dark environments.
The launch of ServiceM8 8.0 marks the sixth straight year of major updates to the leading job management app: “Continuous improvement and innovation is part of our DNA. We’re constantly pushing to make ServiceM8 better, developing new ways to help our customers work smarter and succeed,” Mr Ford said.
All new features are now available and the latest iOS app can be downloaded on the App Store.
### ENDS ###
ServiceM8 is an app for trade contractors & home service businesses like electricians, plumbers, locksmiths & cleaners. With powerful scheduling, communication, job notes & photos, automation, invoicing & on-site payments, ServiceM8 frees field service businesses from paperwork to run a more productive, professional operation, and enjoy a better lifestyle. For more information visit https://www.servicem8.com/
ServiceM8 8.0 Launch Overview: